Kill two birds with one stone with this great move to work your shoulders and abs.
Muscles Worked: Shoulders, Abs
Time to Complete: 10 minutes
You will need: One light to medium weight dumbbell (3-5 lbs)
- Start out by standing with your feet fairly wide apart (wider than shoulder width) and toes turned out about 45 degrees. Bend slightly at the knees.
- Hold the dumbbell in your right hand and place your left hand on your left thight.
- While shifting your body weight to your left foot, bending your left knee while your right leg straightens, bring the dumbbell in your RIGHT hand to touch your LEFT knee.
- Bend your right elbow while pulling the dumbbell back to be alongside the right side of your waist (elbow should be about 90 degrees), and shift your weight to the right (right knee bent, left leg straight)
- Repeat 12 times, then do 12 repetitions with the dumbbell in your left hand.
Complete 3 full sets of right then left repetitions, increasing your weight when the exercise becomes easy.