Ok so Sumo wrestlers aren’t exactly slim, but this leg shaping exercise will make you so!
Muscles worked: Adductors (inner thigh), Quadriceps, Gluteous
Time to complete: 8 minutes
You will need: One heavy dumbbell (25-35 lbs)
- Start by placing the heavy dumbbell on its side in front of you (balancing on one plate).
- Place your feet in a wide stance (wider than shoulder width), toes pointing out.
- With your upper body stable, shoulders back and chest up, slowly descend into a squat stance.
- Safely pick up the weight (lifting with the legs) and bring close to your body with your arms extended.
- Extend your legs returning to the starting position, then descend again keeping your arms, upper body, and the weight stable.
- Complete 15 full squats for a full set, set the weight down and rest 30 seconds, then complete 2 more sets.