Don’t ask me why it’s called that, I learned it somewhere else 🙂 But I can say this is a great way to do lunges concentrated in your quads.
Muscles worked: Legs, primarily quads
Time to complete: about 10 minutes
You will need: A weight bench and either just your body – or – dumbbells (depending on your level)
- Begin by standing about 3 feet in front of a weight bench (your back toward the bench), hands on hips (beginning) or holding dumbbells (advanced).
- Place your right foot on the bench, insuring your left leg is still straight in alignment with your upper body (if not, adjust your foot placement).
- Slowly descend, just like in a regular lunge – remembering to keep your left knee behind your left foot (your target depth is where your left leg is in a 90 degree bend position).
- Hold for 2 seconds, then extend your left leg and return to the beginning position.
- Complete 12 full repetitions on EACH leg for a full set, rest for 30 seconds and repeat 2 more full sets.