The bicep 21 is made up of 3 series of 7 reps each: 7 “bottom half” reps, 7 “top half” reps, and 7 full reps. Try it for a nice change to your bicep workout!
Muscles worked: Biceps
Time to complete: 8-10 minutes
You will need: A pair of dumbbells or Barbells (medium weight)
- Stand straight with feet hip width apart, arms extended and hands at thighs in an underhand grip on the dumbbells / barbell.
- For the “Bottom Half” 7: bend at the elbow and raise the weight until your arm is at aligned with your waist (forearm perpendicular with the floor) hold for one second then extend arms and return to starting position. Perform 7 reps like this, and on the last rep, keep the arms at the 90 degree angle.
- For the “Top Half” 7: starting at the mid point (90 degree angle), bend the elbow and raise the weight toward the shoulder until it is fully flexed. Hold one second then return only to the 90 degree angle repeat for a full 7 reps.
- For the final set of 7 “Full” reps, begin in the fully extended position (hands meeting thighs), and raise the weight toward the shoulder until it is fully flexed.
- Rest 30-60 seconds, and repeat the whole set of 21 reps 2 more times.
(shown: bottom top (middle not shown)