If you’re bored with doing the same old crunches time after time (who wouldn’t be?), try this move to shake things up – or should I say “crunch” things up?!
Muscles worked: Abdominals
Time to complete: 5-7 minutes
You will need: A mat
- Start by lying on your back on the mat, both legs and arms extended (arms overhead).
- Raise your arms and legs so they are just above the floor (abs engaged, and your lower back touching the floor) – this is your starting position.
- Keeping your abs tight, raise your legs and arms toward eachother, until your body is in the shape of a “V” – hold one second and return to the starting position (arms and legs hovering over floor, lower back touching the floor).
- Repeat 20 reps for a full set, rest 30 seconds then repeat 2 more sets (3 total).
- Form Tip: Keep your neck in line with your spine, don’t overextend by pulling too far forward.