Serve the platter
A lot of people ask me how to get great tone in the biceps – not build, but tone. For that I say, you shoulda‘ been a waiter. Try this technique after completing your regular bicep routine (e.g. preacher curls, 21s, unilateral bicep curls), and feel the burn.
Muscles Worked: Biceps
Time to Complete: 6 minutes
You will need: A bar bell or 2 dumbbells
- To start: Stand tall with feet shoulder width apart, shoulders back & chest up, arms at sides.
- Grip the barbell or dumbells with an underhand narrow grip (elbows in line with shoulders)
- Bend at the elbow to 90 degrees (forearm parallel with floor and ceiling)
- Now, push slightly forward through the bicep, as if you were “serving a platter.” The movement should be relatively small, repeated 15 times for a complete set
- Lower arms and release weight, rest 30 seconds then repeat the set 2 more full times