Bionic Arms (repeat)
I probably don’t need to tell you (if you’ve visited www.thegymcoach.com that is!) that your “arm” is made up of the three muscle groups: bicep, tricep, and shoulders (delts). This workout will engage each of them, to develop your own bionic arms!
Muscles worked: bicep, triceps, shoulder
Time to complete: 8 minutes
You will need: A pair of medium to heavy dumbbells (10-15 lbs)
- Begin by standing with your feet wider than shoulder width, toes pointed out at a 45 degree angle and dumbbells at your sides.
- Keeping the upper part of your arm close to your body, turn your palms toward the ceiling (underhand grip on the dumbbells) and adjust the lower part of your arms so they are right on top of your thighs (outward slightly).
- Perform half of a bicep curl – raise the dumbbells toward your shoulders.
- From here, do a shoulder press – turn the dumbbells toward the ceiling and press dumbbells overhead until arms are full extended, hold for a second, then return to a “W” position (arms at 90 degrees)
- Pull your elbows in to your body and extend the arms fully bringing the dumbbells back to the starting position.
- Repeat 12-15 times for a full set, rest 30-60 seconds and then perform 2 more sets.