Make the most of your workout!
Planks are one of the best ways to get your core in shape – but you have to have the right form to make them count. This “turning plank” is a fairly advanced move, so if you can only get through 5 reps or 1 set, that’s ok! Keep working on it and over time you will see progress!
Muscles Worked: Arms, Abs
Time to Complete: 15 minutes
You will need: A mat & just your body!
1. Lie face down on a mat resting with bent elbows, palms flat on the floor.
2. Push off the floor into a pushup position, raising up onto toes.
3. Here’s the form — Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels. Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals – prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air.
4. Hold for 20 to 60 seconds in this position.
5. Take your left hand and reach it to the ceiling, while balancing on your right hand and turning your body — keep your abs contracted!
6. Return to the pushup position, hold 20-60 seconds then repeat the twist — try to do this 5-10 times total for one full set.
Repeat the entire set on the Right side, and if you can – repeat both sides 2 more times.