Ok GymCoach girls and guys! This coach has been on vacation, and I need to get back in shape! One of the best exercises for your legs, including quads, glutes, and inner thighs, is the Sumo Squat. Yep, get that picture of those big guys in your head – you’re going sumo style!
Muscles Worked: Legs
Time to Complete: 5-6 minutes
You Will Need: One 30-40 lb dumbbell
- Start by standing with your feet wider than shoulder width apart, toes turned out.
- Hold the dumbbell by the “bells”, and descend slowly by lowering your glutes and bending your knees.
- Lower to a point where the upper part of you legs are at least parallel to the floor. Keep your upper body totally straight (do not bend forward).
- Hold 2 counts, then return to the starting position while squeezing your glutes on the way up.
- Complete 15-20 reps per set, and 3 total sets.