Make the most of your workout!
Even in the dead of winter, you can find a good reason to show off a nicely toned back. Whether it be a strapless dress for an evening out, or a halter under a suit coat. Keeping your back in prime form even out of bikini season is key, and here’s a great exercise for you to work into your back routine:
“Straight pull down”
Muscles Worked: Upper back
Time to Complete: about 5 minutes
You will Need: Weight machine with lat pull down
1. Set the weight to approximately 1/3 of your body weight (adjust as needed after completing a few reps)
2. Start facing the machine, legs touching and slightly bent into a shallow squat.
3. Place your hands onto the bar, about shoulder width apart (no wider). Keep your shoulders dropped and relaxed.
4. Press through the shoulders and bring the bar toward your body, moving only your arms (keep shoulders stable).
5. Return to the starting position.
Perform 12-15 reps for a complete set, rest 30 seconds, then complete 2 more full sets.