Quick! Bikini workout
Ok you’ve got 2 weeks to a bikini vacation but where to find the time for a workout? If you can get just 35 minutes a day, this workout will get you in tip-top shape for the poolside.
This workout combines a weight circut with a cardio blast. It’s a bit to remember, so you may want to write it down on a post it note and take with you to the gym. Get ready to sweat!
(Remember!! Warm up for 3-5 minutes before starting: walk on treadmill or use the eliptical)
Circuit (5 minutes)
Using 8-12 lb dumbbells, perform this 3 part series without rest:
- Walking lunges with bicep curl: perform 24-32 total, walking one way down a straight path for 12-16 lunges, then return to your starting place with 12-16 lunges. (If you don’t have a long straight path, do the lunges in place, alternating Left / Right, 12-16 on each side).
- Squat with overhead press – First, perform 12-15 reps of squat with overhead press: while bending knees into the squat, press dumbbells overhead. Next, keep going with 12-15 more squats, leaving the dumbbells at your sides.
- Dead lift with back row – perform 12-15 reps of a dead lift followed by a back row, then 12 regular dead lifts (see www.thegymcoach.com for instructions).
Cardio Blast (5 minutes)
If you don’t have a good way of measuring time in your gym, do 30 of each for roughly the same timing.
- 45 seconds of jumping jacks (15 second recovery)
- 45 seconds of simulated jump rope (15 second recovery)
- 45 seconds of high knees (15 second recovery)
- 45 seconds of squat jumps (15 second recovery)
- 45 seconds of pony prance [simulated running keeping on the balls of your feet] (15 second recovery)
Repeat the Circuit/Cardio series 3 times total (30 minutes + 3-5 minutes warm up).