You should know Jack!
If the last time you did a jumping jack was in grade school – read on! The jack is back, and there are a few new variations to get you enticed on trying this old school move again. I’ve built you a little “Back with Jack” routine below.
The method to the madness here is a vigorous exercise set that will increase the amount of oxygen supply to the body at a very rapid rate. This helps rapidly burn calories and also stimulates cardio health at a maximum level. You’ll also be working a bit of flexibility so all in all this is one of the best cardio blast sets you can do!
Back to Jack set:
Perform this 4 part circut in between or after weight lifting routine. I like to use this as an “interlude” when working 2 body parts (such as bicep/tricep day). I do 1 body part session (such as a 15 minute bicep set), then the jack routine, followed by the other body part session (such as a 15 minute tricep set), and then again the jack routine. Try it as you like however, it takes less than 10 minutes to complete!
1. Standard jumping jack – 25
- Start by standing with your arms at your sides and feet close together.
- Quickly – bend your knees and jump up while spreading your arms and legs at the same time.
- Land with feet wider than shoulder width; arms are straight up overhead with pointer fingers touching.
- Return quickly to the starting position.
- Do this 25 times, then Rest 30 seconds
2. Legs only jumping jack with toe touch – 15
- Start by standing with your hands on hips; feet close together.
- Quickly – bend your knees and jump up landing with feet wider than shoulder width; hands remain on hips.
- Return quickly to the starting position,
- Then with legs straight, touch your toes and return again to the start position with hands on hips.
- Do this 15 times, then Rest 30 seconds
3. Strong woman/man jumping jack – 25
This is like a reverse jumping jack.
- Start by standing with your hands overhead; feet close together.
- Bend your knees and jump out – landing with feet wider than shoulder width but this time stay with knees bent (into a plie squat position).
- At the same time, bend your elbows and bring elbows toward knees. Your body should be in an “X” shape.
- Do 25 of these, then Rest 30 seconds
4. Criss-cross jumping jack – 25
- Start by standing with your hands on hips; feet wider than shoulder width.
- Bend your knees and jump inward, landing so one foot crosses in front of the other.
- Jump out again, then in landing so the other foot is now crossing in front.
- Return to the starting position. This is one full set (each foot crosses one time).
- Do 25 full sets, then you’re done!
And now you really know Jack!