Vicki’s Low Carb, Low Fat, HEALTHY lasagne
Looking for an amazingly delicious treat without all the carbs of pasta? Try this fabulous recipe from reader Vicki! With all good carbs and fats, loaded with veggies, this is a real treat!
- 1.5 cups fat free ricotta
- 8oz shredded mozzarella12 oz turkey sausage
- 3 lg zuchinni
- 1 lg eggplant
- 2 cups babyspinach
- 8.3 oz (jar) organic marinara sauce
- Olive oil spray
- Pan fry turkey sausage until cooked well
- Meanwhile, sliced eggplant and zuchinni, then lightly pan fry in a non stick pan
- Spray 9×13 pan with olive oil spray
- Layer ½ the eggplant and zucchini on bottom of pan, then spread with ricotta cheese
- Layer cooked turkey sausage, then top with 1/2 the jar of marinara sauce, and ½ the shredded mozzarella
- Layer the other ½ sliced eggplant and zuchinni, and now spinach (raw).
- Top with remaining marinara sauce, and shredded mozzarella
- Cover, bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes
P.S. the lasagne will come out a bit runny when first cooked – cover and refrigerate overnight and it will become the perfect consistency to cut, and the perfect healthy lunch!
Makes 6 large servings.
Fat: 26 (saturated = 8)
Carbs: 22 (all good!)