Tricep Press with Plie Squat
You know I’m a big fan of 2 for 1 exercises – what’s better than saving time AND getting in shape? Here is one of my favorites for toning triceps and inner thighs.
Muscles Worked: Triceps, Inner Thighs, Quadriceps and Glutes
You Will Need: Dumbbells (8-10 lbs women; 12-15 lbs men)
Time To Complete: 6-8 minutes
1. Start by standing with legs wider than shoulder width, toes turned out.
2. Holding two dumbbells, raise your hands over your head, palms facing in. Keep shoulders down and relaxed, elbows over your ears.
3. Tuck your hips and slowly bend your knees into a plie squat, while at the same time bending elbows and pushing the dumbbells behind your head. Hold the position 1-2 counts.
4. Pushing through the heels and squeezing glutes and legs, begin to rise up, while at the same time squeezing triceps to return dumbbells straight up overhead.
5. Repeat a total of 12-15 reps for 1 full set; rest 30 seconds then perform 2 more sets (3 total sets of 12-15 reps).