Make the most of your workout!
I absolutely love the flavors of Indian food, but I’m never too sure when I dine out what goes into my food such as oils and other fats I’m not keen on. I learned recently from looking at a combination of recipes just how easy cooking a “masala” dish is. Given my attempt at trying a week of vegetarianism, I decided to try this eggplant, zucchini and red pepper combination – and much to my delight it was as delicious as it was easy!
2 tsp. olive oil
1. In a medium sized stock pot, saute on medium heat: onion, garlic, and red pepper in olive oil until onion is glassy.
2. Add cumin and curry powder, mix to coat
3. Add eggplant and zucchini quarters; mix well and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Turn heat to med-low, add tomato sauce and broth, mix, cover
5. Let cook for 15-20 minutes until eggplant is still slightly firm
6. Serve over brown rice or with whole wheat naan bread, or on it’s own!
Makes 2 large servings
Nutrition per serving (without rice or naan): Calories: 250, Fat: 9.5, Carbs: 37.8, Protein 6.8