Make the most of your workout!
Here’s a great new move to work in to your leg day routine, to work the outer and inner thigh – typically a challenging area of the body to work. If you’re stuck using the “abduction” and “adduction” weight machines in the gym, use this move for a quicker, and more effective toning move.
Muscles Worked: Inner/Outer thigh
You Will Need: A pair of dumbbells (5-10 lbs each)
Time to Complete: 6-8 minutes
To perform the “pendulum” movement, simply combine a side lunge with a cross back lunge.
1. Start facing forward holding dumbbells to your sides.
2. With the right leg, step out to your right and lunge sideways – bringing dumbbells to knee level
3. Push off on your right leg, and bring it back behind the left (legs are crossed) and decline to a cross back lunge – (curl the dumbbells into a bicep curl for an optional 2 for 1 punch!)
4. Return to the starting position, then repeat 12 times (reps) total on the RIGHT leg / switch legs and perform 12 reps on the LEFT leg to complete a full set.
5. Rest 30-60 seconds, then do 2 more full sets (12 reps on each leg)