Make the most of your workout!
If you’re bored with your standard cardio routine, and want more from just walking or jogging on the treadmill, amp it up a bit! The treadmill can be a great place to pump up your cardio and resistance fitness, just by trying a few new things.
Here are a few of my favorite “Treadmill Pumped” activities:
1) Lunges on the treadmill (IMAGE 1) – ensure pace is slower than walking pace
2) Weighted ab twist (IMAGE 2) – while walking at a brisk pace, hold 2 dumbbells and twist side to side as you walk
3) Skip hops – alternate between a brisk walk and an exaggerated skip movement
4) Shoulder press while walking – with dumbbells, do a shoulder press on every THIRD step (the press will alternate between the left then right leg being the forward moving leg)
5) Salsa! – at a walking pace and holding on to the side rails, step one foot directly in front of the other, landing only on your tip toes, and alternate – move your hips in salsa style
Try your own fun moves on the treadmill for an amped up and super fun cardio workout!