Make the most of your workout!
I am BACK. Where did I go? Ok maybe YOU didn’t miss me, but my legs did. I was off getting married in June overseas, with our stateside reception still to come next weekend, so I’ve been a wee bit busy! But now that all the arrangements are made, the guest list finalized, and less than 2 weeks before I have to get into (ANOTHER) white dress… it’s back to leg day for me.
Today I’m actually not in my home gym – I’m travelling for work and at the moment awaiting the gym opening time in 12 minutes. Perfect – now I can plan the routine. I was reading in HERS magazine on the plane ride last night how women are really good at planning. I agree. Almost always, I am found at the gym with a post it note taped to my water bottle, on which I’ve diligently written out my workout routine. I find that Planning Your Workout is the sure way to an efficient workout.
So today I share with you today’s LEG day routine, with a little back and abs for good measure:
1) Split squats off a bench or chair (with dumbbells if I can find them in this hotel gym) – 15 each leg x 3 sets
2) Wide Stance Plie Squat (“”) – 15 slow count + 15 pulses near the bottom – x 3 sets. Superset with 15 pushups if I’m feeling energetic
3) Dead-lifts – combo – back row (I really need to find dumbbells*)- 15 x 3 sets
4) Hip raise bridge (with an exercise ball if I can find one) – superset with 60 seconds holding forearm plank
5) Calf raises: 15 toes forward, 15 toes in, 15 toes out x 3 sets
+ 25 minute Interval treadmill running.
…Let’s go see what this hotel gym has in store for me!