Make the most of your workout!
I feel like I’m writing one of those really long web ads that make you read a page worth of marketing schpeal followed by “Not convinced!? Then scroll down to learn more!” But don’t worry I’m not going to drag it out…
The #1 diet “secret” any dietitian, fitness guru, and competitors will tell you is … DRINK WATER. More water, more water, WAY more water than you are drinking now (probably).
All of which will result in a better look and feel for your body.
A recent study at Virginia Tech, reported by CNN, found that after three months, study participants who drank 16 oz of water before meals “had lost an average of about 15.5 pounds, compared with just 11 pounds in the control group.” Wow! That’s about 30% more than those who didn’t.
Ok so how much water? For most people, to get the above benefits, divide your body weight number by 2 and that is the # of ounces you should target. So if you are 200 lbs, drink 100 oz of water each day.
Here are some tips to ensure you’re getting enough water, and all the above benefits:
1. Drink 16 oz when you wake up, and before every meal and snack.
2. When you’re hungry, drink water, wait, see if you are still hungry.
3. If you’re an office worker, place a recurring meeting on your calendar for 2 hour intervals titled “DRINK 16 oz of WATER”
4. If you’re often in your car, write a sticky note to yourself saying “DRINK 16 oz of WATER”
5. Carry a refillable bottle and right when it’s empty, fill it up again.
If you don’t like the taste of water, try lemon or lime, or Nuun natural flavor tabs.
What are you waiting for? Go drink that WATER!